Sunday, June 7, 2015

Thompson's Mill

          We went to see an old mill it was not a working mill but it had very good information on how the mill worked in its day. There was a lot of chickens and ducks there they also had turkeys but they were not as friendly as the others were. It was funny when we (Judy and Walter and myself) walked up the animals started running toward us like they wanted attention or something. BUT that was not the case we didn't see the feed machine. So one of the chickens fly / jump up on the fence and waited for us to put money in the machine for food .  As I was trying to get the food out of the machine I guess I was taking too long and she didn't want to wait so she climbed on to my arm and started eating the food out of my hand and from the machine. She was very impatient for sure!!! Well I hope y'all enjoy the pictures..


There she is the greedy one!!!






Outside of the mill

Main House


This was the host giving us the tour and showing how the belt could be fixed if it broke

The first vacuum cleaners

This is an ad for the vacuum clearners

The picture shows the toilet used to run into the water below until they remodeled it .

The person who worked this station walked so much they wore the floor out


This is the original wood

These are sheep in the field as we drove by.

No comments:

Post a Comment