Monday, August 10, 2026

Star Party at Leasburg Dam State Park Radium Springs, NM

Hello everyone,  I decided to come up to Leasburg Dam State Park for the star party tonight. I have my truck to sleep in at a campsite.. They are redoing the bathroom and showers as well as the dump station.  There is vault toilets.  
   I had eaten lunch / dinner at ChaChi's Mexican restaurant in DonaAna,  NM not far from the park. Great food. When i was a camphost here ( at Leasburg) 2013-2014 and a couple of other times. At least once a month. The star party was awesome as it has been in the past.  The the Astronomy Society of Las Cruces , NM  are the people who does this event about once a month. They bring their telescopes out and they also use the large telescope in the observatory . I hope yall enjoy the pictures of dinner, the night sky and sunrise.

No comments:

Post a Comment