Tuesday, July 19, 2016

4 mile one way hike

 Well we were heading out for a hike that was 1.5 mile one way it was called Flat top mountain Google directions took us to Rabbit Creek. But we didn't know that till we were about half way thru When we met a young lady and her dog walking the trail that's when she told us what trail we really were on. Also told us it was 4 miles to the lake.WOW did we want to continue or not. We did. Up and down little hills and over small creeks running thru the trail also saw bear scat along the way.We met a few other people all passing us by that's for sure. We met and young lady her name was Ann and we continued to walk to the lake then she found her friends that pasted us. We made it in about 3 1/2 hours. Got there and WOW!!! AMAZING !!!  We walked around the bottom of the lake and found another little lake on the other side of the hill. You just will have to see it to under stand what we saw. I didn't hurt while I was on the trail, but as soon as I sat down in the truck and rode home. I tried to get out of the truck and that's when I was really hurting. This morning I got up not hurting, walked the dogs our .66 mile with no problems. ENJOY!!!


Susana getting her feet wet on the way back

Wind turbines on the water

You can see the town below us

Creek on the trail

The trail

Ground squirrel

Ann The young lady we met along the way

Top of hill before you see the lake

The lake

Susana at the top



Look and see if you can see the rocks.See how clear the water is

Yes I wear my Teva's and yes I did put my feet in the cold water. It felt good that's for sure.


They other lake over the other hill

They other lake over the other hill



Little water fall on the trail

Almost there

Susana with the mountain behind her



No comments:

Post a Comment